Friday, March 14, 2014

Drowning in Feathers

When we opened the quilt shop, I loaded up on Ebay Featherweights, planning to clean them up and sell them in the shop.  You know the rest of the story - the shop is closed and now I have more Featherweights than I want to store!


This week, I decided to start getting them ready to sell online.  Last night, I finished the first one and listed it on Etsy.  It wasn't easy on the wallet, it was missing the bobbin case, feed dog, foot control and light bulb; the bed cushions were all mashed down; and the needlebar was slightly bent.  After a week's work, it is all assembled, tested, and ready for someone to enjoy.


Now, only three more to go!


4 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Rosemary B here:
Hi Ed, where is your quilt shop located?
Are you located on the east coast?
These are superb photos of very pretty machines!

Unknown said...

How much are you selling them for?

Unknown said...

Rosemary B, Our shop was in Leonardtown, Maryland. Unfortunately, There was not enough support in this rural county to make our shop profitable (or even break even) so we closed the doors December 31st. Now we sell on Etsy, Kathie sells quilt shop items in her shop and I sell sewing machine-related items in my shop. Links to both shops are under "Links" at the right of the every blog post. -Ed

Unknown said...

Karen, It will depend on condition and the accessories I have to go with them. This first is in the best condition and has an original box of accessories, an original instruction manual and package of bobbins. You can click the link in my post to view the lEtsy listing. I have it priced at $325. Others have a few more scratches and will probably have fewer "go-withs" and be priced a bit lower. -Ed